Are you a BC Hydro customer? Do you live in a low-income household? If so, you may be eligible to receive a free energy saving kit from BC Hydro.
Their free energy saving kit for low-income households offers a variety of simple ways to help you save energy. By reducing how much energy you use every day, you can reduce how much you have to pay for heat and electricity. The tools in the kit will also increase the comfort of your home and help reduce our overall impact on the environment.
What’s in the kit?
The kit contains a number of simple, easy-to-install energy saving products including:
- Compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs). CFLs use up to 75% less energy than regular light bulbs. They can also last up to 10 years.
- Have a question about the safety of using or disposing CFLs? Visit our CFL tips page to watch videos and find out more information on these energy-saving bulbs.
- Weatherstripping to put around your windows and doors and help keep out drafts. (You can find videos on draft proofing on our tips page.)
- Fridge and freezer thermometers to help you set your refrigerator and freezer at an ideal temperature where your food stays cold, but you’re not wasting any extra energy.
- A low-flow showerhead that uses significantly less water than a standard showerhead.
- For a full list of the products included in the Energy Saving Kit and how to use the products, download a copy of the Energy Saving Kit instruction manual [PDF, 1.8 Mb].