Do you have a tip for navigating the bureaucracy of a local community or government agency? Share it with on Untape by adding a tip! Here’s how.
2. Once you’re logged in, click the ‘add a tip’ button located along the top of any page (you’ll know it by the cute little checkmark icon).
3. Follow these step-by-step instructions to add your tip:
- Start by giving your tip a descriptive title, something like “Where to call if you have an ambulance bill” or “Where to find a playground that is accessible for children with special needs.”
- Next, in the area marked ‘Tip’, enter your tip. Use the buttons along the top of the field to format your text, just like you would in MS Word or other word processors. **A word of caution: copy/pasting text straight from a word document may cause some strange formatting problems. If you experience problems, try re-typing or pasting into a text editor like Notepad or TextEdit before copying your tip onto the site.
- Once you’ve added your tip, choose one or more categories and, if applicable, organizations that relate to your tip. This will help users to find your tip more easily once it’s been published. You can also add a few additional keywords that might apply to your tip in the ‘topic’ field. These keywords will offer yet another way for users to find your post.
- Finally, if your tip came from an outside source, credit them in the ‘source’ field with a name, date, and either a link to their website or the name of their book, newspaper, or magazine.
4. When you’re finished with the steps outlined above, click ‘preview’ to see what your tip will look like. If you have changes to make, go right ahead and make them. When you’re thoroughly satisfied, click ‘Submit’. Your tip is now online for the world to see. Woohoo!