I have always found TurboTax (previously known at QuickTax) easy to use and if you are a student or have a simple tax return, you can use the on-line version for free:
Do you Qualify to use the free version?*
TurboTax now offers 2 totally free ways for many Canadians to prepare
their taxes: TurboTax Free Online Edition and TurboTax Student Online
Edition. Find out if you qualify to use either solution here.
TURBOTAX FREE ONLINE EDITION – For Income-Only Tax Returns
You can use TurboTax Free Online Edition if:
- You Earned Income: You receive T-slips, like T4s & T4As. You may have have tip income and/or pension income.
- You are not self-employed.
- You do not have investment income or RRSPs.
- You have not made any charitable donations or investments.
- You Have Simple Deductions: You receive only ‘standard’ federal & provincial deductions.
TURBOTAX STUDENT ONLINE EDITION – For Post-Secondary Student Tax Returns
You can use TurboTax Student Online Edition if:
- You Were a Student in 2011: You paid tuition fees during the 2010 calendar year and you hold a T2202A, TL11 or its equivalent.
- You Made Under $20K: Your household income does not exceed $20,000 gross (that is, before taxes).
*This tip was updated March 2012Social tagging: Taxes