Handydart services


Posted for Frank Jetha, BACI Seniors Committee

If someone become unable to utilize public tranport or transit services and the doctor will certify the person is unable to use above services then he or she qualifies for Handi dart.


The person who qualifies for handi dart qualifies for taxi savers as well. This program allows people to purchase $50.00 worth of taxi savers per month that can be used for $ 100 worth of rides.

HandyCard and Taxi SaverDo you have a permanent physical or cognitive disability that makes it difficult to use the public transit system without assistance? We’re here to help with HandyCard discounts and Taxi Saver coupons.If you live within the TransLink service area, HandyCard lets you travel for Concession fares on the bus, SkyTrain, SeaBus and West Coast Express. If you’re accompanied by someone who assists you they can ride for free, so you can go green and pay less. HandyCard can’t be used on HandyDART. When you begin your transit trip on HandyDART, you pay the regular HandyDART fare, not a concession fare.  Applying for HandyCardHere’s how to apply for a HandyCard:

  • Please complete and sign the Application Form. Have your family doctor (or senior official of a recognized social service or health agency) complete the verification portion.
  • Mail your completed application to our Access Transit Office (at the address below), along with two recent photographs. The photos should be clear, face-front, head-and-shoulders, taken in photo booths at malls or photographic studios. Photos taken with your own camera are acceptable, as long the picture can be sized to 3.2 cm x 3.2 cm (1 1/4" x 1 1/4").

Your non-transferable HandyCard with one photo attached will be mailed to you within four to six weeks after we receive your application.  Taxi Savers Taxi Saver is a supplementary service to HandyDART and available for people with permanent disabilities who have a HandyCard. To find out more about the program, please contact the Access Transit office at 604-453-4634. TransLink Access Transit Office
1600 – 4720 Kingsway
Burnaby, BC V5H 4N2
(604) 453-4634
Read more about Access Transit… Government Funded Annual Bus Pass If you’re from BC and qualify for additional assistance from the BC Ministry of Housing and Social Development, you may be eligible for a discounted yearly bus pass. 


Leave a Reply