The Rental Assistance Program through BC Housing provides eligible low-income, working families with cash assistance to help with their monthly rent payments.
To qualify, families must have a gross household income of $35,000 or less, have at least one dependent child, and have been employed at some point over the last year.
- The maximum income level has been increased to $35,000
- The maximum rent ceiling has been increased
- The maximum benefit has been increased
- There is a minimum benefit amount of $50/month or $600/year
- Families whose youngest children are over 19 may now still qualify for the program, if the child is under 25 and enrolled in full-time attendance at school, university or vocational institution or if the child of any age is acccepted as a dependent for income tax purposed to mental or physical infirmity.