What Services are Provided Through the School District


Each School District has a slightly different approach but all of them are governed by the BC School Act.

If required, Special Education Assistants (SEA’s)are provided by the school district to help support children in the classroom. Speech/language services and behavior support are also available(somewhat).Have a look at the Ministry of Education’s Special Education webpage to get more information about services offered.

You’ll likely have to fight for services because of course funding is getting tighter. At the same time we should not lower our standards. Be assertive, firm, and persistent about communicating your child’s needs, now and in the future. 

Think about what you child needs to be successfull in the school and ask for it. You are your child’s most important advocate.

Social tagging: >

Leave a Reply